Rubber Technology 101 – Brisbane 2018
The APRI is holding a Rubber Technology 101 seminar in Brisbane on May 14.
Our presenter will be Emeritus Professor Robert Burford from the University of NSW.
This seminar is particularly useful for those that are new to the rubber industry, sales staff, leading hands and managers.
This 3 hour introduction to Rubber Technology seminar covered the following topics:
Part 1 – What is Rubber?
- Where is Rubber used?
- Polymer types; Plastics, Resins, Elastomers and TPEs
- Latex & Dry rubber
- General Purpose & Specialist rubbers
Part 2 – What is a Recipe (Formulation)?
- Overview of Ingredients and their Function.
- Importance of the recipe for Processing and Properties.
- The basics of cross-linking chemistry & methods
Part 3 – How are Rubber Products Manufactured?
- Mixing of rubber compound
- Mixed rubber compound testing
- Product forming processes
- Product and Application testing
Further details of this event follow this link.
Victorian Golf Day and APRI Annual General Meeting
The Victorian Branch Golf Day and Annual General Meeting was held at Kingston Links Golf Course in Melbourne on March 19.
Nynas Technical Seminars
Nynas and The Australasian Plastics and Rubber Institute are holding a Technical Seminar titled “Process Oils for Rubber Compounding”.
Seminars were held in Sydney on March 12 and Melbourne on March 14.
CSIRO Lab 22 – 3D printing offer
CSIRO are providing Australian companies with access to metal additive manufacturing (3D printing) technologies that promise high efficiency and productivity gains for a competitive advantage.
Check their website for more information on the services that they offer.