Thermal Analysis Seminar
On Tuesday June 12 NETZSCH Australia are inviting APRI Members to join them in Parramatta for a seminar and demonstration of thermal characterisation techniques. Attendees will then have the opportunity to tour the Western Sydney University’s Advanced Material Characterisation Facility.
The 2018 International Rubber Conference will be held in Kuala Lumpur from September 4 to 6.
The 2019 International Rubber Conference will be held in London from September 10 to 12.
Rubber Technology 101 – Brisbane 2018
The APRI recently held a Rubber Technology 101 seminar in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. The presenter was Emeritus Professor Robert Burford from the University of NSW.
The 3 hour introduction to Rubber Technology seminar covered the following topics:
Part 1 – What is Rubber?
- Where is Rubber used?
- Polymer types; Plastics, Resins, Elastomers and TPEs
- Latex & Dry rubber
- General Purpose & Specialist rubbers
Part 2 – What is a Recipe (Formulation)?
- Overview of Ingredients and their Function.
- Importance of the recipe for Processing and Properties.
- The basics of cross-linking chemistry & methods
Part 3 – How are Rubber Products Manufactured?
- Mixing of rubber compound
- Mixed rubber compound testing
- Product forming processes
- Product and Application testing
Victorian Golf Day and APRI Annual General Meeting
The Victorian Branch Golf Day and Annual General Meeting was held at Kingston Links Golf Course in Melbourne on March 19.
CSIRO Lab 22 – 3D printing offer
CSIRO are providing Australian companies with access to metal additive manufacturing (3D printing) technologies that promise high efficiency and productivity gains for a competitive advantage.
Check their website for more information on the services that they offer.